Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from Belt &Road Countries and Regions (Please find Attachment 1 for the name list of BRI Countries) for studying in China. China Three Gorges University (CTGU) is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students for studying the following major:
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
◎4 years for degree program study and 1 year for foundation courses if necessary
◎Teaching language: Chinese
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1. Tuition waiver
2. Free accommodation. (Personal expenses such as water, electricity, internet, TV signal, and damage compensation are excluded)
3. Comprehensive medical insurance
4. Registration fee
5. Monthly living allowance: 2500RMB (This will be issued according to the actual months the student’s stay in CTGU. In circumstances that the student is in CTGU for less than a full month, for instance, in the beginning or the end of the semester, half of the amount will be issued if the student stays in CTGU for less than 15 days of the month; full amount will be issued if the student is in CTGU for more than 15 days of the month.
6. International travel expenses: Self-afforded
Eligibility of Applicants
1. 18-25 years old; foreign passport holders of Belt &Road Countries and Regions;
2. Chinese Friendly; good physical and mental health; hardworking; academically excellent;
3. High School graduate with Excellent Results;
4. Minimum Qualification: HSK3 certificate or above, good Chinese language skills at listening, speaking, reading writing;
5. Applicants with HSK 4 certificate can start the degree study at China Three Gorges University directly. Applicants with HSK 3 certificate should take one year foundation course at the designated university.
6. The scholarship covers one year Foundation course too.
1. Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login. The code of China Three Gorges University is 11075. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship.
2. Register and submit your online application at China Three Gorges University Online Application System for International Students at http://lsx.ctgu.edu.cn, submit the required documents listed below:
Note：You should complete online application on both websites
1. Notarized highest diploma or degree certificate issued directly by school or university with official stamp and signature;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
2. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
3. A Study Plan within 200 words (written in Chinese or English);
4. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
5. Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page).
6. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
7. Non-Criminal Record Certificate.
8. The copy of valid HSK Certificate.
9. A five-minute video clip to introduce yourself in English or Chinese. (Please send the video named by the passport number and your full name to our official email)
Note: It’s unnecessary to send us hard copies of the above application documents until we inform the applicants who passed the preliminary evaluation and send you the pre-admission letter.
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2022
Tips: Please pay attention to your e-mail message. We will inform you with the application process through email.
1. University reviews the application documents, organize the interview and decides the nominated candidates.
2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China with approval of the CSC.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. The CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients, and sends the admission documents to universities. University sends the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship recipients
5. Scholarship recipients are not permitted to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
7. Scholarship recipients shall receive evaluation annually. The evaluation result will decide whether he/she can continue receiving the scholarship or not.
1. Admission Office of International Students
Name: Ms. Xiao
Address: Admission Office J-1515, Department of International Relations, China Three Gorges University, No. 8 Daxue Road, Xiling District, Yichang, Hubei Province, China.
Post Code: 443002
Tel: +86 717 6394999
Fax: +86 717 6393309
2. College of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Name: Mr. Chen
Tel:+86 717 6392053
Online Application English website