Sino-U.S. Degree-Study Scholarship for 2021/2022
China Three Gorges University
In order to consolidate the results of the high-level consultation for cultural exchanges between China and the United States, encourage universities of the two countries to further deepen their cooperative relations and attract more outstanding young students to study in China, the China’s Ministry of Education set this scholarship program. China Three Gorges University (CTGU) is one of the prestigious universities designated to recruit American students to study in degree programs under this scholarship scheme.
1. Applicants must be American citizens.
2. Chinese Friendly; in good physical and mental health; hardworking; academically excellent；
3. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2021):
(1) Bachelor's programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
(2) Master's programs: hold a bachelor's degree or above and be under the age of 35;
(3) Doctoral programs: hold a master's degree or above and be under the age of 40.
3. Language Requirements: If applying for the Chinese –taught program, HSK 3 or above certificate should be provided for undergraduate applicants, those who have no HSK 4 with Score of 180 should take one year foundation courses in the designated universities. HSK 4 or above certificate should be provided for master and PhD applicants.
4. Applicants who apply for programs of foreign language and literature studies are not eligible,
other foreign language translation programs except the English Translation Program are excluded.
III. Academic Programs
Please find attached parts of the degree programs for international students. For more, you can visit: http://eng.ctgu.edu.cn/STUDY_HERE1/APPLICATION.htm
Ⅳ. Scholarships Coverage
1. Tuition fee;
2. Accommodation fee (Personal expenses such as water, electricity, internet, TV signal, and damage compensation are excluded)
3. Living allowance (RMB 2,500/month for bachelor's programs; RMB 3,000/month for master's programs; RMB 3,500/month for doctoral programs);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance
5. Registration fee
1) Other expenses for study in China, such as international travel expenses, cost of physical examination, and cost of course materials, should be borne by the scholarship recipients themselves.
2) Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
Ⅴ. Application Procedure
1.Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login. The code of China Three Gorges University is 11075. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
2.Register and submit your online application at China Three Gorges University Online Application System for International Students at http://lsx.ctgu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International students of China Three Gorges University” and required application documents listed below:
Note：You should register on both websites
VI. Application Documents
1. Completed online application form with the applicant’s signature
2. Passport copy (Photo Page)
3. Copies of the visa page and residence permit if the applicant is in China
4. Notarized Highest Diploma or Degree Certificate with official stamp and signature (A Notarized Copy in English or Chinese language should be attached if the originals are not in English or Chinese)
5. Highest Academic Transcript (A Notarized Copy in English or Chinese language should be attached if the originals are not in English or Chinese)
6. Two recommendation letters from scholars who have title of associate professor or higher.(For postgraduate programs applicants)
7. Research Plan(For postgraduate programs applicants)；
8. Certificate of Physical Examination
9. Bank statement or affidavit of financial support
10. Non-criminal Record Certificate;
11. Other documents required by the relevant departments or supervisors, such as a language certificate, etc.
Ⅶ. Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant's academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor's comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
Please pay attention to the application status in the system and frequently check your email. Scholarships awardees will be notified via email. Admission Notices and Visa Application Forms for Study (JW201) will be sent out afterwards.
Ⅷ. Deadline for Application
June 25, 2021
Ⅸ. Contact Information
Ms. Xiao Ping
Tel: +86 717 6394999
Fax: +86 717 6393309
CTGU Online Application CTGU English Website
To apply online: http://lsx.ctgu.edu.cn/