China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs. China Three Gorges University (CTGU) is one of the authorized universities to accept the CSC full scholarship students for graduate studies in China. CTGU welcome outstanding international students to apply for this program.
●Type A: Bilateral Program
●Type B: Chinese University Program
More details please refer:http//www.campuschina.org/
Where to send the application:
Type A: Dispatching authorities of applicant’s home country.
Type B: CTGU
Scholarship Coverage & Criteria
1. Tuition waiver;
2. Free accommodation;(Personal expenses such as water, electricity, internet, TV signal, and damage compensation are excluded)
3. Living allowance: (PHD 3500RMB/per month, Master 3000RMB/per month); (This will be issued according to the actual months the student’s stay in CTGU. In circumstances that the student is in CTGU for less than a full month, for instance, in the beginning or the end of the semester, half of the amount will be issued if the student stays in CTGU for less than 15 days of the month; full amount will be issued if the student is in CTGU for more than 15 days of the month.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance;
5. Registration fee;
6. International travel expenses
●Type A :Please consult the dispatching authorities for overseas study of your home country
●Type B: Self-afforded
●Type A: Please refer to : http://eng.ctgu.edu.cn/DOWNLOADS.htm
●Type B: 1. PhD & Master’s in Hydraulic Engineering.
2. PhD &Master’s in Civil Engineering
3. PhD &Master’s in Electrical Engineering
4. PhD in Management Science and Engineering
For further information on each major and the supervisors’ profiles,please visit the website of http://eng.ctgu.edu.cn
Supporting Categories, Duration & Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category. This scholarship only supports graduate students.
2. Duration. This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers Both of the major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
3. Instruction Language. Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
(HSK 4 or above certificate should be provided if applying for the Chinese –taught program, IELTS with 5.0 or above or other equivalent language proficiency certificate should be provided if applying for the English-taught program. Applicants who are from English speaking countries or received education more than 3 years in English can exempt from providing the relevant English language proficiency certificates.
Please refer http://eng.ctgu.edu.cn/info/1032/1465.htm for a list of English Speaking Countries)
Eligibility of Applicants
1. Foreign citizenship, Chinese Friendly; good physical and mental health; hardworking; academically excellent;
2. Applicants who apply for a Master’s degree should be under 35 years old and have a Bachelor’s degree.
3. Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be under 40 years old and have a Master’s degree.
4. This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China. Applicants who have already completed degree study in China should graduate for more than one year.
Step 1 –Register and submit your application online at CTGU Online Application System for International Students at this link http://lsx.ctgu.edu.cn ;
Step 2-Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at this linkhttp://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn.; The Agency number of CTGU University is 11075. Please Choose Program category type A which refers to Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program, and Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship of CSC system (written in Chinese or English);
2. Completed Application Form for International Student of CTGU system (written in Chinese or English);
3. Notarized highest diploma or degree certificate issued directly by university with official stamp and signature;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
This should be a minimum of 1500 words for postgraduate program applicants
6. Two Recommendation Letters signed by professors or associate professors. (written in Chinese or English);
7. Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport (personal information page).
8. Non-Criminal Record Certificate.
9. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy). It must be written in English and can be downloaded fromhttp://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina orhttp://www.campuschina.org
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. The copy of valid HSK Certificate or English level certificate
11. Pre-acceptance Letter from a professor of CTGU (if available).
12. A 5 minutes video clip to introduce yourself in English or Chinese. (Please send the video named by the passport number and your full name to our official email)
Note: It’s unnecessary to send us hard copies of the above application documents until we inform the applicants who passed the preliminary evaluation and send you the pre-admission letter.
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2020
The nominated candidates will be informed around the middle of May. The final result will be informed at the end of June. The official admission documents will be delivered at the beginning of July, 2020.
1. University reviews the application documents and decides the nominated candidates around the middle of May.
2. Nominated candidates will be evaluated by China Scholarship Council.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. The CSC reviews eligibility and qualifications of nominated candidates, approves the List of Scholarship Recipients, and sends the admission documents to universities before June 30th. University sends the admission documents (List of Scholarship Recipients, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship recipients
5. Scholarship recipients are not permitted to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
6. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
7. Scholarship recipients shall receive evaluation annually. The evaluation result will decide whether he/she can continue receiving the full scholarship or not.
Address: Admission Office J-1515, Department of International Relations, China Three Gorges University, No. 8 Daxue Road, Xiling District, Yichang, Hubei Province, China.
Post Code: 443002
Tel: +86 717 6394999
Fax: +86 717 6393309
Online Application English website