Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Programis a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from Belt and Road Countries for studying in China. China Three Gorges University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students for Bachelor’s study of Civil Engineering.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria:
1. Tuition waiver
2. Free accommodation
3. Comprehensive medical insurance
4. Registration fee
5. Monthly living allowance: 2500RMB (This will be issued according to the actual months the student’s stay in CTGU. In circumstances that the student is in CTGU for less than a full month, for instance, in the beginning or the end of the semester, half of the amount will be issued if the student stays in CTGU for less than 15 days of the month; full amount will be issued if the student is in CTGU for more than 15 days of the month.
6. International travel expenses: Self-afforded
Foundation Courses before entering degree program (necessary for those without HSK 4 certificate)
School Length: 1 year in Tianjin University
Major: Bachelor’s Degree Program in Civil Engineering
Teaching Language: Chinese
School Length: 4 years in CTGU
1. 18-25 years old; foreign passport holders of Belt &Road Countries;
2. Chinese Friendly; in good physical and mental health; hardworking; academically excellent;
3. High School graduate with Excellent Results;
4. Valid HSK certificate level four or above;
5. Applicants who do not have HSK 4 certificate should take one year Foundation course in Tianjin University before entering degree program in China Three Gorges University.
Procedure of Application:
1. Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login. The code of China Three Gorges University is 11075. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
2. Register and submit your online application at China Three Gorges University Online Application System for International Students at http://lsx.ctgu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International students of China Three Gorges University” and required application documents listed below:
1. Completed online application form with the applicant’s signature
2. Passport copy (Photo Page of a valid passport)
3. Copies of the visa page and residence permit if the applicant is in China
4. Notarized Highest Diploma or Degree Certificate with official stamp and signature (A Notarized Copy in English or Chinese language should be attached if the originals are not in English or Chinese)
5. Highest Academic Transcript (A Notarized Copy in English or Chinese language should be attached if the originals are not in English or Chinese)
6. Certificate of Physical Examination
Application Deadline: June 10th, 2018
Ms. Xiao Ping
Department of International Relations, China Three Gorges University
Address: 8 University Avenue, Yichang, Hubei 443002, China
Tel: +86 717 6394999
Fax: +86 717 6393309